Victory Arts is bringing 4 new programs to the community in 2022 / 2023...
The first program is Chula Vista's Got Talent! An amazing show featuring 10 live acts in March 2023 at the Public Library Auditorium.
Produced by Victory Arts. This project is made possible in part by the City of Chula Vista and the Create Chula Vista Arts Grant.
Chula Vista’s Got Talent!
Submission Guidelines and DEADLINE
CVGT is open to Chula Vista residents ages 5 - 22. A group with multiple performers must have at least one member who is from Chula Vista.
All contestants must fill out the online CVGT application and submit their entry video using the following link:
On-line submission form and video upload are due by February 20, 2023 (only one form per act needed).
All Acts will be notified by the last week of February, 2023 whether or not they have been selected.
All chosen participants will be required to attend a dress rehearsal on the day of the event.
You can submit as either a solo act or a group act. Group acts should not exceed 10 participants.
Types of Acts that can be submitted:
- Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Combination)
- Variety Acts (including but not limited to skits, magic, comedy, martial arts, juggling, spoken word)
All online submissions will be evaluated by a panel of 4 -5 judges. Only a certain number of acts will be chosen and contacted for participation in CVGT.
Each act should be no more than 5 minutes long.
No adults over 22, animals, or fire, allowed in performances.
Absolutely no profanity or insensitive subject matter will be permitted! Costumes must be appropriate for all age groups. This is a community event.
All submissions must be prepared to perform the same act if chosen, for the live CVGT show on (insert date here).
Please upload your video talent to YouTube or Vimeo using the above Google Form link. If you have issues with the
Google Form or uploading to YouTube or Vimeo, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos must be a minimum of 3 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Videos exceeding 5 minutes will not be accepted.
- The link must be public for us to see your entry.
- If you are filming from a laptop, make sure you are looking into the camera and not at yourself on the screen.
- Bright or natural light is best; avoid backlight. Be mindful of your surroundings
- We recommend a plain, solid background that is free of objects and clutter.